Friday, October 21, 2005

Rant of the Day

Welcome to an occasional post theme I'll be putting up from time to time. It's for those annoying little things you get when something isn't quite right.
Today, the PSP charger brick.

Why oh why did they choose to add a tethered mains lead to the brick? Every other charger I have either has a figure-8 style, or cloverleaf style connector.

The thing is, I made a stubby kettle lead for travel use, and with the aid of a small adapter, I cann use the it with lots of different chargers from my iBook to the DV Cam. Not only is the lead tethered, but the blighter is 2.1m long (83 inches, fact fans) and probably doubles the weight of the whole thing!

Yes, yes, I know I could just chop off the end and make it shorter, but is there not now some interfering EU directive that says we can't wire our own plugs anymore? OK, I'm kidding on the last part, but a self-fittet white MK just doesn't cut it in the 'hood. D'y'get me?

No comments: